Chicago - The Heart Of

 Chicago was one huge surprise for the number of hits they churned out. So I was on the lookout for a compilation of their songs. I am not sure if I bought this cassette or it found its way in from someone else's collection but mention must be made since it is here and since Chicago gave me so many wonderful moments.

Straight up the album starts with 'If you leave me now,' a lovely ballad, then comes 'Hard for me to say I'm sorry' (one girl sang this to me - I didn't know if it had to do with our situation but I assumed she must be sorry for ditching me), 'Love me tomorrow', 'Hard habit to break' (another girl sang this), 'You're the inspiration' - lovely number, 'Will you still love me?' - superb ballad again and finally 'What kind of man would I be?'

If you leave me now

Hard to say I'm sorry

The group was formed in 1967 and was called 'The Big Thing' before becoming the 'Chicago Transit Authority' and then finally 'Chicago'. And guess, what, they continue to record and perform live. Peter Cetera, whose vocals drew me to the band was instrumental in taking the band to the soft rock sounds and hits like 'You're the Inspiration' and 'Hard to say I'm sorry'. Cetera left the bank in 1985 to pursue a solo career but the band continues.   

Hard habit to break

You're the inspiration
Will you still love me
What kind of a man would I be

Dedicated to Shobha who would sing 'Hard Habit to Break' with a lot of passion. Thanks Chicago for many moments of enjoyment.

Comments

Popular Posts