The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

 Formed in 1962 with Mick Jagger, Brian Jones,  Keith Richards, Charlie Wyatts and Bill Wyman being the first stable line up, the British band is iconic. They still play after 240 million records sold. Brian Jones who was the initial leader of the group faded off in drugs and alcohol and died in 1969 drowned in his own swimming pool, a month after being sacked from the band. He was 27. 

'Sticky Fingers' was released in 1971 and was the first of the 8 consecutive No 1 albums by the group. I had heard so much about the Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger that I had to get an album. And I loved the sound and the energy of their singing. I bought two albums if I remember right and feel like my money was well spent. Now, I have no special memories of listening to Rolling Stones with anyone else - so here's to me and Mick.  

Brown Sugar


You gotta move


I got the blues

It is amazing at how different they sound in each of their songs -  ballad, rock. 
   

Comments

Popular Posts