Alphaville - First Harvest 1984-92

 My introduction to this group was thanks to Vidyuth who played 'Big in Japan' in one of his assorted tapes that he brought along to Madras on a tour. I loved the song. There was a nice peppy beat to it. Then there was the beautiful ballad 'Forever Young' which was another song I so loved. But where does one get their hands on this vague German group which is named after the famous science fiction film 'Alphaville'. Apparently they wanted to name the band 'Forever Young' which was also one of their greatest hits. So without much ado, let's listen to the boys from Berlin.

Big in Japan

Forever Young

 
Sounds like a Melody

'Big in Japan' and 'Forever Young' gave me much happiness in my younger days. The lyrics made no sense at all but it sounded heavenly.  I cannot but dedicate this to Vidyuth for introducing me to Alphaville. 

Now to watch that movie. 


Comments

Popular Posts